W Fansports Premier League 1M: Gameweek 3 Review: The W Fansports Premier League 1M Season game is underway, with three Gameweeks already in the books
In this Gameweek 3 review article, we will talk about what we learned from watching the matches, which teams and players stood out, and which of them were disappointing.
Gameweek 3 in a glance
What a gameweek for the underdogs! Most of the matches were not even close, and nobody could predict. With 36 goals across 10 matches, three games with 5 or more goals each, and 16 out of the 20 teams scoring, Gameweek 3 kept us at the same tempo as the last one.
The weekend started off with Manchester United getting the win literally in the last minute against Brighton with a 2-3 score. Everton won at Crystal Palace with 1-2 and they stay undefeated. In the evening, the outsider West Brom was leading with 3-0 against Chelsea in just 30 minutes, but the Blues managed to get the draw with the score set to 3-3. Finally, in the last match of the day, Southampton knocked a close win against Burnley with 0-1.
Sunday was nothing but surprising, with Manchester City getting a big loss in their stadium from Leicester with a 2-5 score. Jamie Vardy was impressive once again, scoring a hat-trick. Also, Tottenham had a big set back after the draw against Newcastle. West Ham got a huge win against Wolves with 4-0, and Leeds surprised everyone with the low score game. The newcomers got a significant away win against Sheffield United with a 0-1 score.
We also had two matches on Monday, where Aston Villa was playing at Fulham and Liverpool was playing a home game against Arsenal. Aston Villa played really well and got a big win with 0-3. The champions turned the match around and won with a 3-1 score.
Late Registration: The value of coming in now
Managers who register now will not have a disadvantage. In contrast, we see our top managers putting up most of their teams in Late Registration. Why is that?
First of all, starting with 122 points will get you 151 points away from the 1st place and only 61 points away from the paid positions (5659th). In this really long season, you can be in the paid spots with just a single good week!
The season is long and the information we got from the games is significant.
Results in Gameweek 3Goals (Fantasy Assist)
Brighton 2-3 Manchester United
N.Maupay (T.Lamptey), L.Dunk OG (N.Matic), M.Rashford (B.Fernandes), S.March (A.Jahandakhsh), B.Fernandes (H.Maguire)
Crystal Palace 1-2 Everton
D.Calvert-Lewin (S.Coleman), C.Kouyate (A.Townsend), Richarlison (Digne)
West Brom 3-3 Chelsea
C.Robinson (M.Pereira), C.Robinson, K.Bartley (D.Furlong), M.Mount (C.Azpilicueta), C.Hudson-Odoi (K.Havertz), T.Abraham (M.Mount)
Burnley 0-1 Southampton
Sheffield United 0-1 Leeds
Spurs 1-1 Newcastle
L.Moura (H.Kane), C.Wilson (A.Carroll)
Manchester City 2-5 Leicester
R.Mahrez, J.Vardy, J.Vardy (T.Castagne), J.Vardy, J.Maddison (N.Mendy), N.Ake (R.Mahrez), Y.Tielemans (J.Maddison)
West Ham 4-0 Wolves
J.Bowen (P.Fornals), J.Bowen (P.Fornals), R.Jimenez OG (T.Soucek), S.Haller (A.Masuaku)
Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa
J.Grealish (J.McGinn), C.Hourihane (J.McGinn), T.Mings (C.Hourihane)
Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal
A.Lacazette, S.Mane (M.Salah), A.Robertson (T.Alexander-Arnold), D.Jota
W Fansports Premier League 1M: Gameweek 3 review
No W Fansports Premier League 1M: Gameweek 3 Review would be complete without an analysis of the best and worst performers on this matchday.
Players that stood out
- Jamie Vardy (10.5M – FOR): What an amazing night for the star of Leicester! The striker scored a hat-trick. Two of his goals were with penalty kicks, and the third one in an amazing way. Vardy won both of the penalties. The star of Leicester had the most fantasy points for the 3rd gameweek. (15 Fantasy Points)
- Jarrod Bowen (6.5M – MID): The young midfielder showed his talent this gameweek against Wolves. He scored the first two goals of the match and gave his team the huge lead. He was the best midfielder of the gameweek 3. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Callum Robinson (5.5M – MID): The striker of West Brom found the way to shock Chelsea. He scored two goals and gave his team a big lead in the match. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Conor Hourihane (5.5M – MID): The midfielder of Aston Villa was impressive. He scored a goal and he also gave an assist. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Tyrone Mings (4.5M – DEF): Once again Tyrone Mings has a great match. He helped a lot to hold the clean sheet and he also scored a goal. The defender of Aston Villa was the best fantasy defender for this gameweek. (12 Fantasy Points)
Best Goalkeepers of Gameweek 3
- Illan Meslier (4.0M – Leeds): After some huge scoring matches and a lot of goals against them, Leeds managed to get a clean sheet against Sheffield United. Illan Meslier with a clean sheet and 5 saves he was the best goalkeeper of this week. (9.5 Fantasy Points)
- Alex McCarthy (4.5M – Southampton): First clean sheet for Southampton this season, with 2 saves he kept the clean sheet. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Emiliano Martinez (4.5M – Aston Villa): Aston Villa managed to get the clean sheet for a second gameweek in a row. The former goalkeeper of Arsenal made 2 saves in this gameweek match. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Lukasz Fabianski (4.5M – West Ham): With 2 important saves from the goalkeeper, West Ham held the clean sheet (8 Fantasy Points)
- Karl Darlow (4.1M – Newcastle): Even if he conceded a goal he is among the best goalkeepers of this gameweek. He held the surprise tie against the Spurs by making 11 saves! (7.5 Fantasy Points)
Best Defenders of Gameweek 3
- Tyrone Mings (4.5M – Aston Villa): He got a clean sheet and he scored a goal. With just 2 matches he is among the top defenders of the game. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Artur Masuaku (4.0M – West Ham): He gave an amazing assist to S.Haller (6.9M – FOR) and he helped a lot for taking the clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Andrew Robertson (7.0M – Liverpool): He corrected the mistake he made. He scored a goal thanks to a beautiful assist from T.Alexander-Arnold (7.5M – DEF). (9 Fantasy Points)
Best Midfielders of Gameweek 3
- Jarrod Bowen (6.5M – West Ham): He scored 2 goals this gameweek and helped his team take their first win of the season. He also took the extra point of the clean sheet. (14 Fantasy Points)
- Callum Robinson (5.5M – West Brom): He scored 2 goals against Chelsea, taking advantage of their poor defense. (13 Fantasy Points)
- Conor Hourihane (5.5M – Aston Villa): He scored a goal and he gave an assist with a free-kick. He got the extra point of the clean sheet. (12 Fantasy Points)
- Mason Mount (6.5M – Chelsea): He was the best player of Chelsea. He scored a beautiful long-range goal and he also gave an assist. (11 Fantasy Points)
- Pablo Fornals (5.5M – West Ham): The midfielder provided two amazing assists unlocking the opponent’s defense. (11 Fantasy Points)
- Riyad Mahrez (9.5M – Manchester City): He was the only player from City that put up some fantasy numbers this gameweek. Mahrez opened the score with a nice shot and he also gave the assist with a corner kick. (10 Fantasy Points)
- James Maddison (7.9M – Leicester): He played only 21 minutes but he scored probably one of the nicest goals of the season so far. He also won the 3rd penalty (fantasy assist) of his team. (10 Fantasy Points)
- Jack Grealish (6.5M – Aston Villa): The star of Aston Villa played the whole match and he scored a goal. He also took the extra point of the clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
- John McGinn (5.5M – Aston Villa): He played the whole match as well and he provided 2 assists. He got the extra point of the clean sheet. (10 Fantasy Points)
Best Forwards of Gameweek 3
- Jamie Vardy (10.5M – Leicester): He was by far the best forward of this week. He scored a hat-trick and he gave his team the hard win against Manchester City. (15 Fantasy Points)
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (8.2M – Everton): He is impressive so far.Third scoring game in a row for the Everton striker. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Patrick Bamford (6.6M – Leeds): The striker of Leeds has scored a goal in all 3 matches. What an impressive start for Patrick Bamford! (8 Fantasy Points)
- Danny Ings (8.5M – Southampton): He gave his team the important win against Burley by scoring for the second match in a row. (8 Fantasy Points)
- Marcus Rashford (10.0M – Manchester United): With a beautiful move, Rashford scored a nice goal against Brighton. (8 Fantasy Points)
Who impressed us most in Gameweek 3
What an amazing night for Leicester against Manchester City! Even if they were losing 1-0 from the 4th minute, they played superbly and managed to get a huge win with 2-5. The star of the team, Jamie Vardy (10.5M – FOR), scored a hat-trick (2 penalty goals) and he was the best player of the week with 15 fantasy points.
- West Ham
After two losses they found the way to a big win against a really good team with a huge score 4-0. Jarrod Bowen (6.5M – MID), who scored two goals, had a great match, and Pablo Fornals (5.5M – MID) gave him both the assists as they took a big lead. West Ham has one of the toughest first matches program and the next 4 games will be very challenging for them.
- Aston Villa
Second match in a row with Aston Villa holding the clean sheet. This gameweek they got a significant win at Fulham with a big score of 0-3. The players of Aston Villa knocked out some really good scores for the fantasy this week. Conor Hourihane (5.5M – MID) had a great night where he scored a goal and also gave an assist. The star of the team, Jack Grealish (6.5M – MID),scored a goal and John McGinn (5.5M – MID) gave two assists. Finally, the defender Tyrone Mings (4.5M – DEF) scored a goal. Aston Villa is the only team so far without conceding a goal.
Third win in three matches for Everton and this year has started in the best way possible for them. This week they got an away win against Crystal Palace and Dominic Calvert-Lewin (8.2M – FOR) scoring once again. After 3 gameweeks, Everton is among Liverpool and Leicester as the only ones with 3 wins.
- West Brom
The newcomers got their first point after the big draw against Chelsea. Based on the difficulty of the match that draw was a huge surprise, but based on how the game evolved it was disappointing that they did not get the win. West Brom shocked the bad defense of Chelsea with 3 goals in the first 30 minutes. They have a bad defense too, though, and they couldn’t hold their ground for 60 minutes against the all-out-attack Chelsea lineup. Callum Robinson (5.5M – MID) was the best player of West Brom with 2 goals.
Top disappointments of Gameweek 3
In consequence, the W Fansports Premier League 1M: Gameweek 3 Review reveals as well the biggest disappointments.
- Manchester City
The injury problems affected them significantly this week. Both strikers of the team were injured and City wasn’t focused. The defense was poor and Leicester scored 5 times. Pep Guardiola has never conceded so many goals. His team made some serious mistakes and especially the 3 penalties they caused. Manchester City without Sergio Aguero (11.5M – FOR) and Gabriel Jesus (9.5M – FOR) needs the rest of the team and especially the stars Kevin De Bruyne (12.5M – MID) and Raheem Sterling (11.0M – MID). This gameweek was a disaster for the owners of Manchester City players (except R.Mahrez).
This gameweek Chelsea had a disappointing first half against the newcomer West Brom. The defense was all over the place. West Brom scored 3 goals in just 27 minutes. In his debut, Thiago Silva (5.5M – DEF) was a big disappointment. He made a huge mistake costing his team the 2nd goal of West Brom. Also, Marcos Alonso (5.9M – DEF) and Mateo Kovacic (5.0M – MID) played really poorly and they were substituted in the half. They managed to rescue a point, but the draw against a weak opponent as West Brom is a big loss for a team aiming at the title.
What a disappointing appearance for Wolves! They started the match as the favorite team to win but they ended up with a big loss. Wolves didn’t have a lot of chances to score and the defense was poor. Raul Jimenez (9.0M – FOR) had a terrible night. He didn’t find the room to threaten the opponent and he also scored an own goal. He didn’t get a single fantasy point, disappointing more than 25% of managers that owned him.
Tottenham was dominating the whole match but they didn’t score a second goal to secure the victory. The Spurs defense had a good opportunity of getting their first clean sheet, but Eric Dier (5.0M – MID) committed a penalty in extra time, and Newcastle with a successful kick escaped with the draw. Heung-Min Son (10.2M – MID) had a bad week after two great performances. He played only the first half and he lost some good opportunities for scoring.
- Sheffield United
Sheffield United was disappointing once again. The impressive team from last season had the 3rd loss in 3 matches and they are in the danger zone. They were hosting the newcomer Leeds but they lost with 0-1. The alarming fact for Sheffield is the offense. They are the only team without a goal after three matches, in a season where everyone else is scoring at will.
The newcomers had their 3rd loss in 3 matches. Fulham’s defense seems really weak after conceding at least 3 goals in each of the matches they’ve played. The transition from Championship to the big league seems challenging for the squad, but maybe they’ll follow West Brom’s example and surprise us next week against the poor-form Wolves team.
Drafting your team for Gameweek 4
Knowing all the above, if you draft your team now you have the knowledge of all the teams and how they play. You can also invest in the value players that stood out. Learn more on W Fansports Premier League: Gameweek 1 review & W Fansports Premier League: Gameweek 2 review.
Create your team and win €200,000 for 1st place!
The €1,000,000 prize pool is guaranteed – this means, regardless of whether the cash league fills or no, we will pay out the entire €1M prize pool winnings, as advertised. To make things even more exciting, we’re paying out winnings to the top 5500 finishers.